Tuesday, November 27, 2012


This is life. Try to take it in...

Do you ever have those moments where you look around you and wonder, “How the heck did I get here? Why am I so blessed?” I hope you have, because I have had so many of them lately that it could make my head explode. Can I  share in these joys with you? November has been an exciting month and I would love to tell you all about it. 

I’m sure you saw our last post about the Malibu Half Marathon Mekenzie and I ran a couple weeks ago. If you haven’t you can read it now it detail here A Race in the 'BU. It was a life giving, amazing trip. I had one of those “How’d I get here” moments happened when I was running the race. The sun was dancing on the ocean, surfers were unpacking their boards and hitting the waves. There were beautiful homes and rocky cliffs on my left and the ocean on my right. The contrast of the bright sunrise against the glittering water was almost too much for my eyes to take in. I took a deep breath and asked God to not let me forget that moment. I don’t think I will. I felt His presence so deeply and as I looked out into the vast ocean, I was reminded of how desparately I need Him. Blessed. 

Breath taking, right?

I had to leave on my trip to Malibu just moments before my sister gave birth to the newest member of our family, sweet Halle Marie. She is perfect. It’s amazing- life. How it comes into this world and how someone so small can have such a huge impact on my life. I love all nieces and nephews so much. And Halle is no different. I love that my sister and her family live here because it allows me to show up unannouced to hold that precious little girl and rock her to sleep. It’s pretty incredible that watching a baby sleep for hours in your arms can keep you so engaged. It’s like she casts a baby spell on me and instantly she has me falling more in love with her and wrapping me around her tiny finger. And it happens again, “How’d did I get here? Holding this new beautiful life in my arms.” In that moment I took a deep breath, remind myself of the joy of a new life and did my best not to squeeze the love out of the baby. Blessed.

Meeting Halle for the first time!

She has my heart

Just last weekend we got to have our Kenz back on CO soil. It was the Core Four back in each others arms- for an entire weekend. We ate delicious meals together and talked about the hardships and blessings of being single and being married. We laughed...A LOT! And shared beers and discovered our new found favorite called a Moscow Mule. Delish. We celebrated an early birthday for me and indulged in some free birthday dessert. As I was sitting around the table at my birthday dinner I had that weird moment happen to me again, “How’d I get here? Where did all these amazing friends come from?” I took a deep breath and another drink of my aprocot beer - trying my best  not to miss a moment of this joy. Because isn’t that what it’s all about anyway- sharing joy with the people in your life that you love the most. Blessed.


The Whole Gang 




Kenz & Me 



Core Four

Life is good. Really good. Share in the joy with the people you love most. And in those moments pause - take a deep breath and do your best to take it all in. 

Thanks for letting me share my life with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment