Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Friendship Like None Other





The last 3 years of my life have been spent walking side by side with my best friend, Mekenzie! Our friendship has grown, blossomed and deepened over these years and it breaks my heart to see her move to Kansas. Life is full of changes- change is good. But change is hard. In these next moments I want to take a journey through the last 3 years of our friendship and thank her for all she has done for me and for being one of the most amazing best friends I have ever been blessed to have. 


Yep, I have never found someone who's weirdness is equally matched with mine until I met Mekenzie! Our silly moments together are some of my favorites! Every time we leave our house together we are singing a rap song or making weird bird noises as we pull out of the driveway just because we think we are funny! One of the first weekends we ever knew each other was for Tour de Fat, which is a wild bike parade through Fort Collins. Without hesitation we both put on the craziest outfits we could find and biked around the town together! For Halloween one year we dressed as old ladies and stayed in full character all night! We even won best costume at the party we went to! And thats just the beginning of our crazy dress up shananagins! 
Meet Gurtrude and Ethel
Western night at Kamp
The Wizard of Oz


Not only is she one of the funniest girls in the world, she is one of the most caring, kind hearted, godly woman I know. She is the first to ask me tough, life questions and the last to speak when my heart spills. She is the best listener. Some of my favorite times spent with her are in the mornings when we wake up and make a big breakfast, the perfect cup of coffee and then sit on the couch for hours, all snuggled up in blankets talking about life and reading “Shauna’s.” (Shauna Niquest is an amazing Christian writer!) I will miss these moments most. 
She is my go to fashion guru and if I ever have a hot date or an important interview she is the girl I turn to. I remember one time specifically, when I got asked on a date and she took me shopping and accessorized me to the 9’s. I felt so confident that night- all thanks to my fashionista best friend. 
Running the Denver Rock 'n Roll Half
I have enjoyed learning how to cook along side her as we experiment with different Pinterest recipes. Over the last year we have made more protein bars then an entire army could eat! We’ve been know to dominate a entire pan in one sitting! One of our favorite things to do is go on runs together and then make the most delicious, healthy meal possible. I will miss my co-chef.
Some of the things I will miss most about her....
-She is always up for spontaneous fun!
-5 a.m. workouts! 
-Sharing a room
-Sharing her clothes
-Sharing stories
-Sharing everything! 
-Long talks and lots of laughs
-Dancing like crazy in the kitchen
-Consuming endless amounts of coffee
-Sneaking yogurt covered pretzels from Whole Foods bins ;)
-Running Races



I love you so much, Kenz! I will miss you more than you know! This next season of life is going to be such a great adventure for you and I can’t wait to see how the Lord uses your gifts. You are an amazing woman and have been so blessed by your friendship! 











No comments:

Post a Comment