Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Healthy Tuna Melt

I've got a delicious recipe today! This one is for those of you who love a good tuna melt, but could stand to do without all the added mayo and fat nastiness. I found this recipe on pinterest (what else is new?) and adapted it to my liking!

frametastic picture


Healthy Tuna Melt
adapted from here

Ingredients:
  • 2 large bell peppers (the original recipe called for tomatoes, which I would have used, if I liked tomatoes)
  • 2 6 oz. cans of Tuna in water
  • 1/4 cup. Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1/4 cup diced bell pepper (I just chopped up the tops of the peppers I used)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 2 slices of cheese (I used Colby Jack)
Preheat oven to 350.
Slice off the tops of your peppers, use the tops to chop into tuna mixtures.
In a bowl, mix together tuna, yogurt, basil, red onion, bell pepper, and S&P.
Place peppers in a small loaf pan or 9x13. Bake by themselves for ~5 minutes to soften.
Remove peppers from oven, stuff with tuna mixture. Use fork to pack tightly. Place cheese slices on top.
Put back in oven, bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese becomes bubbly & melty.

And there you have it! A super easy & delicious lunch or dinner meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment