Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ERIN

Hello :) my name is Erin. I’m a Colorado native originally from a small town in the southern part of the state but moved to Fort Collins, CO to attend Colorado State University. I graduated May of 2011 with a degree in Human Development and Family Studies. Now, I’m working as a social worker at a shelter for women who have been victims of domestic violence and also serving at a mexican restaurant which helps pay the bills. I’m excited to see what the next chapter holds and am looking for a new adventure to embark on soon! Who knows where life will take me!

Describe your perfect cup of coffee:
I have been a coffee-aholic for many years now and it took me awhile to nail down my perfect cup. But over time I have discovered that french press is second to none when preparing that flawless morning pick- me- up. It gives a rich, deep cup of joe in the optimal proportions. I love putting some half and half in it to make it creamy and recently cinnamon has made it in the cup, which satisfies my sweet tooth. Whenever I’m treating myself to a fancy Starbucks drink I always stick with a skinny version of a latte because I truly cannot taste a difference and it saves loads of cals! Because of my new cinnamon obsession, my fav is the skinny cinnamon dolce latte. Delish!

Currently loving:
I’m currently loving fun cozy socks, scarves, Nike running tights, Tim Tebow (and not just because he lead the Broncos to the play-offs, but because of his character and love for the Lord!) fitness classes -especially kick boxing, healthy-home made soups, my 15 year old girls volleyball team I coach, my precious niece and nephew (with one more on the way!) and cooking!

Favorite way to sweat:
Gosh, there are so many it’s hard to pick just one- I LOVE to workout! I have always enjoyed organized sports, like volleyball and basketball but since I do not compete anymore I have taken up a passion for running. I’m looking to run my next half-marathon in the late spring!

Celeb style icon
If I could go into one celebrity’s closet and take her entire wardrobe and wear it everyday for the rest of my life- it would be Blake Lively! I think she is adorable and a trend-setter in the fashion world. Her hyper-girly style is something I covet! The gowns she sports on the red-carpet are to die for! In all reality, though, my true fashion is most like Reese Witherspoon. She is usually wearing casual clothes like scarves, skinny jeans and boots, which are staples in my closet.

Dream Destination Spot:
I need to go to Italy! The culture, history, fashion, beaches and food are something I fantasize about constantly. I cannot wait to experience this country someday.

3 diet staples
-Almonds: My favorite snack of all time!
-Hummus: Its my substitute for mayo on a sandwich and I love dipping veggies or whole wheat crackers into it’s deliciousness!
-Yogurt: I usually have a couple varieties on hand. I always have a big tub of non-fat Mountain High Vanilla which is perfect to pair it with fruit and granola. I also keep single servings of Greek yogurt on hand for on-the-go meals or snacks!
My pumpkin of a nephew, Brogan!
My sweet little niece, Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment