Thursday, February 9, 2012

Creamy Lemon-Yogurt Pasta

Hi ya'll! Lauren here. Today I've got a great recipe to share. I'm always on the lookout for healthy alternatives to delicious recipes. If you're anything like me, nothing beats a big bowl of pasta with creamy sauce. But a side order of guilt afterwards? No thanks. This recipe combines the best of both worlds, healthy and delicious. It also includes one of my favorite ingredients: greek yogurt. The yogurt gives it that great creamy flavor, and a healthy dose of protein! (I found this recipe on none other than pinterest, and tweaked it a little to my liking).
Pasta with Zucchini
Not my picture, this recipe called for tomatoes. I used mushrooms instead. Feel free to use either, or add your favorite veggie! I was so hungry when I was done I forgot to take a picture. This picture comes from: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/13338

Creamy Lemon-Yogurt Pasta with Shrimp, Zucchini and Mushrooms
(adapted from Jillian Michaels "Master Your Metabolism") *see link at the end of the post

Serves 4

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
  • 1/2 cup non-fat/ 0% Greek Yogurt (I used Greek Gods brand)
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 medium zucchini
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 2 cups frozen shrimp (could also use chicken, or go meatless!)
-Slice zucchini into thin strips, about the size of a pack of gum
-Boil the past according to the directions on the package, drain, set aside.
-In a large bowl, combine yogurt, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, & pepper. Set aside.
-In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms, saute until slightly browned.
-Transfer vegatables to yogurt mix, stir until covered.
-Add pasta, stir until covered with sauce.

Top with parmesan, serve & enjoy!

This recipe was so easy and so tasty. When I told the Hubs the name of the recipe he didnt seem too excited and admitted he was nervous about how it would turn out. His post-dinner conclusion: he loved it! This recipe will defintely be made again in our household.

Hope you enjoy!

*Link for Jillian Michaels "The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307718220/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=ezrpoucak-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217153&creative=399349&creativeASIN=0307718220


No comments:

Post a Comment