Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wrap

Hi! Lauren here.

I've got another great recipe for you all! As usual, I found a great recipe via pinterest and adapted it to make it slightly healthier. I love me some chicken salad, but most recipes call for the fat-laden mayonnaise or sour cream. By substituting those ingredients with fat-free greek yogurt, you have a healthier meal without sacrificing taste!

You can find the original recipe here:

http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2011/05/santa-fe-chicken-salad-wrap.html

Pinned Image
 My healthified version:

Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wrap (serves 4)
Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup 0% greek yogurt (I used Greek Gods)
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 - 2 tablespoon minced cilantro
  • 2 cups poached, diced or shredded chicken (I cooked 2 chicken breasts with a little chicken broth in my crockpot during the day)
  • 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 2/3 cup black beans (I like the ones with "no salt added")
  • 1/3 cup corn kernels
  • 2 – 3 green onions, sliced thin
  • sliced avocado
  • Chopped lettuce or spinach
  • Whole wheat tortillas
  • salsa
Directions:
-In large bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, lime juice, S&P, paprika, and cumin.
-Stir in chicken, cilantro and bell pepper until covered with yogurt sauce.
-Fold in  black beans, corn, and green onions.
-On tortillas, layer lettuce, avocado, and chicken salad.
-Serve with salsa on the side.

This was delicious, easy AND healthy. A triple threat. Let me know if you try it! I'm having my leftovers for lunch today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment