Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Monumental Moment

Life is always changing so to pin point a specific "life turning" time is hard. I can think of times where life threw me a curve ball and almost every time I’d swing and miss. I can look back now and say that I am thankful for those changes because they have made me into what I am today.

There are many factors that led up to me attending CSU. I tore my ACL's in high school which turned out to be a big reason I played soccer for CSU. I decided to attend CSU only a few months before school started. My reason being, that it was close enough to home but just far enough. Although I was not thrilled about going there at first, I have realized the reason God placed me there.

One of the biggest "life turning" moments was my sophomore year when I was voted captain by my soccer team. It was then that I realized why I was at CSU. It put me into a leadership role that I wasn't sure I was ready for. I started to feel the responsibility for my teammates and the way that they viewed Jesus. I knew that leading up to that moment my life was not always a clear representation of Christ. Eyes were watching me on and off the field. I was meant to be seen as an example, my life was essentially under a microscope.

Before, I could get away with my selfish ways and my world full of "Me." Being captain taught me where my true motivation comes from. Honoring and serving the Lord. 2 Timothy 2:20-21 talks about being used as instruments for the Lord. It hit me, I was being used as a vessel and God was just waiting for my willingness to open up and allow him to do so. I can't say that this was an easy task and that I was ready and willing. However, being in such a role motivated me on all levels to be a servant and truly show Christ's love. I feel like God used me in bigger ways then I could have imagined. I was lead to a ministry called Fellowship of Christian Athletes and was able to use it as a tool for my teammates.

I am not perfect at this and 95% of the time I'm still living in "me" world. I have fallen short of serving him and showing Christs love in so many ways. I'm just thankful for this "life turning" moment and what it has done for my walk. I'm thankful that God can use me as a vessel. Its a daily decision to be open and have that willingness to let him use me. I realized God led me to CSU, as much as I hated it, because he was working on my heart.




--Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment