Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7: The Thing You're Most Afraid Of


I find that as I make transitions and progressions in my life, new fears surface. My natural tendency is to freak out, worry constantly, and question the outcome of my circumstances. I often look back at the things in life that gripped me with fear and wish I could have told myself to be more fundamentally settled and peaceful because it was all going to be okay.  Something I'm working on right now is trusting God and reminding myself often of His sovereignty so that I can step outside of my fear and find comfort in knowing that His plans and His timing are far better than I can understand right now.

Romans 8:28 
"For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." 

I have to trust that God's plan for my life and the path that I am walking is the best path. Sometimes the journey feels really long or really painful, but I am comforted knowing that it's exactly where I am supposed to be.

2 Timothy 1:7 

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 

I know that when I am walking in fear and timidity, I have not let God be in control of my life. I am still trying to control, figure it all out on my own, and be independent.

2 Corinthians 10:5 
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 

Lately I am working on taking every thought captive that is driven by fear and selfishness. I want to make my heart and my mind obedient to Christ and think his thoughts for my life on a daily, hourly, and moment by moment basis. 

~ Mekenzie 


No comments:

Post a Comment