Thursday, May 30, 2013

Let Go & Let God

My Last Entry for this May Blog Challenge. React to this term: Letting Go...
I have to admit; I was not looking forward to writing this blog. When I think of "Letting Go" I picture
a giant mountain that reaches so tall that its peak is in the clouds so you can't even see the top.. that is what letting go is for me.. Seemingly Unreachable.



I am kind of "cough cough" {extremely} a control freak. So when I am brought to the point in a situation or relationship and I am faced with that ever daunting mountain I strap on my pack as tight as I can and try to maneuver MY way up. I see the signs that tell me to go right but with my 'need for control' nature I go left. When I know I need to lay down this weight I am carrying I hold on tighter. It is not until I hear the voice of The Lord telling me, "Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left," {Proverbs 4:25-27} that I am brought to me knees, worn out from the weight on my shoulders, and drained from my lack of nourishing. It is here that I Let Go..

When I try to control a situation and think I know what the best possible outcome could be and should be, I realize that I am taking away from The Lord. He is the heart of my hearts and knows 100% better than I do what path is most blessed for me. He knows what will destroy my spirit and what will uplift it.  I need to do a better job of Letting Go and Letting God. I know that is cliche but it could not be more true. I trust Him with Every area of my life, but there are those few issues that you hold onto and don't allow Him to reign over. It is these secret hidden areas that I am working on whole heartedly giving over to The Lord. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." {Proverbs 3:5-6}. Letting Go...



Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

Proverbs 19:21 - There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.


<3 Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment