Saturday, May 4, 2013

Speak to me


Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it
I like quotes. The ones that you will save as your desk top back ground because it really hits home. The pretty floral designed Pinterest ones that we love because they are easy on the eye. A bible verse that seems to speak straight to your heart. Quotes can be enlightening, encouraging and life challenging.
Some days I’ll just sit on Pinterest under the “Quotes” board and get inspired by all the beautiful wisdom and intelligence that streams across the page. I love nothing more than waking up to a text from a dear friend with a bible verse or receiving an email from a co-worker with an entrepreneurial quote in their signature.
When a quote gives me that goose bumps effect, there is always a mood or a life changing event occurring for me. The reason it resonates so deeply is because it correlates with what is taking place in my life. Lately, I have experience some super high ‘highs’ and some really hard lows. I got great news about a bonus at work and  so many answered prayers it's hard to count. However, I have been disappointed by some people and a fallen through job opportunity. It’s been a very cool season of growth and the Lord’s hand in my life. Many ups and downs. I go through moments when I feel out of control- like I can’t stop the speed of life happening around me and I can’t get a hold of my purpose in the craziness of it all. 
If we wait until we are ready we will be waiting the rest of our lives.
-Lemony Snicket
This quote is so fitting to where I am right now. I have been applying for jobs in my field again and searching for ways to get to Denver. I feel like that is where the Lord wants me for this next season of life but I can’t seem to piece together how it is all going to work out. I have been searching for the perfect job, the perfect apartment, and the perfect timing for it all. Truth is- it takes faith and courage and boldness to make a life decision like moving cities. If I were to just sit back and wait for it to all fall into perfect order, I will be waiting the rest of my life. I have chosen to trust the Lord’s guidance and give Him the captains seat in my life again. I will not wait on this world to make this happen for me, I will wait on the Lord and His will for my life. 

Isaiah 46:4

This pretty little Pinterest quote is such a good reminder about trusting that I will be taken care of and that He satisfies me more than anything on this earth ever could. 

Quotes. Find one that speaks to your heart. Cling to it until life changes again and then find another. After all your life circumstance are not permanent and neither is your desktop back ground.

~ Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment